WE ARE HERE TO START SOMETHING!
Changing perspectives. Changing lives!
Big Brothers Big Sisters is the ONLY prevention program in Montana proven to affect a broad range of social issues. Program evaluations consistently show that after entering the program, children are less likely to become delinquent, use alcohol, tobacco or drugs, become pregnant or drop out of school. Thus, investing in Big Brothers Big Sisters is more cost effective than investing in single issue prevention programs.
That all children achieve success in life.
To provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported, one-to-one relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
By partnering with parents/guardians, volunteers and others in the community we are accountable for each child in our program achieving:
• Higher aspirations, greater confidence, and better relationships.
• Avoidance of risky behaviors.
• Better option of graduating High School and College.
Defenders of Potential
Here's the proof. National research has shown that positive relationships between Littles and their Bigs have a direct and measurable impact on children’s lives. After one year in our program, Little Brothers and Sisters are:
• 90% more confident that they will finish school.
• 78% feel socially accepted by their peers.
• 77% avoid risky behaviors.
• 83% report improvement in their school grades.